Saturday, January 23, 2010

Searching

As I've mentioned in my first post, this blog was supposedly created just to view another friend's blog. Then again, I wanted this to be something else than just that. So I decided this would be my official blog as well where I can chronicle those events in my life that somehow mean to me even in the tiniest bit.

My other purpose is to meet bloggers who sort of have a similar lifestyle to what I have. You see, coming from a Chinese family and living in such an environment is rather hard for me to be myself. Expectations and culture have restricted me from sharing my true self even to those of the same blood.

Although I've already come out to a couple of close friends who dearly support my decision, there are still limitations in what I can say and talk about with them. It's hard to tell people things they won't be able to relate to after all. It's even harder when the topic causes slight discomfort and awkwardness, given that my friends are all straight (since the last time I checked haha).

And so I hope that this new decade can be the start of new found friendships. I hope to meet soon-to-be-friends whom I can laugh, chat and be gay (as in happy ah haha) with! :)

5 comments: